While primary health indices of Jharkhand have seen steady improvement over the years, the state is keen to set up super-speciality hospitals, medical colleges, nursing colleges, paramedical institutes and other health services under the PPP model. It offers investment opportunities in medical education, tertiary care, super specialty hospitals, food and drug testing laboratories.
The Government of Jharkhand offers a host of fiscal incentives to enable setting up of medical education institutes. Some of the key incentives are:
- 20 crores grant for setting up of Medical College with 50 seats.
- 25 crores grant for setting up of Medical College with 100 seats.
- 30 crores grant for setting up of Medical College with150 seats.
- Road and electricity up to 5 km from the main road to the project sites.
- Reimbursement of Interest rate subsidy upto 6% for 5 years.
- 50% of Incentive amount could be shown as Marginal money for banks.
- Exception of Registration fee on land purchase.
Please refer to our sector profile document to know more about the investment opportunities Jharkhand offers .